Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Slowing down and its not age related...

Its November.  Last post was July.  Have I done anything?  sure.  couple things.  Had a baby (well I didn't, but my wife and I did.  I'll share credit.  I'm big that way).  Modelling-wise, sure haven't done much it seems.  Let's see what's been done the last few months -

Redesign -

Took out the big Vaughn yard (Vaughan if you spell it correctly!) ,  old and new trackplans pasted here to compare and contrast !  The new is labelled Phase I



Added a helix to the design, the upper deck with be Phase II

Removed the "Waterloo" portion as an intact section that will be re-used on the upper deck.  I really liked my track work and couldn't face destroying it.  This also allowed me to spray paint the track to see what that looks like.  Looks great, just not sure if black or brown worked better.  Did the mainline black, spurs and sides as brown.

Put the light sensors wiring from the BIX to the sensing boards.  I wanted three sensors in parallel for each trigger but have to get enough of the same sensors.


Ordered some LED's and such from Hong Kong, thank you Ebay!  Tried various connectors to make things neat and tidy.  That's still very much a work in progress, as are my panels. Still not sure, ultimately, what my panels will look like, but I've got some cool chrome bezels for the LED's and some black flat ones if the chrome are a little too much.

Put down some track for the Brampton area

Ordered some of the Kato Maxi-IV's, might get the I's as well.


Trying to build a transfer table, having a tough time with the alignment.

Can't think of anything else, at this point.  More to come but in the meantime thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment