Friday, January 28, 2011

Working the Engine

Procrastination is a great thing.  Someday I'll get around to writing about it, but that certainly isn't today. However, I did finally get around to fixing up my GP-38 (Atlas with built in Lenz decoder).




It was running really poorly - jerking and stopping every couple inches.  So I took it apart, made sure the connections looked ok from the motor to the DCC board.  It was worse than before when I put it back on the track.  Of course.  This hobby can be killer for the ego, I'm telling you.  But I never let technology win, so I took it apart and put a big ol' blob of solder on the DCC board motor connector that I thought wasn't getting a good connection.  Put it back on the tracks and it ran like a champ.  I won this one. Hurray.   I can't claim the all the credit for this victory, I have to thank the Internet for a lot of the thought power behind the simple fix.


Next on the list is getting my C-630's to speed match so I can put them into a consist.  I've spent hours trying things but they refuse to match speeds despite being identical.  


Frustration has a new name and its Model Trains.

No comments:

Post a Comment