Monday, November 29, 2010

Building the yard

Got some work done this past week.  Its been a bit frustrating as I was waiting for bridges and was hemming and hawing over the elevation, and curves.  Just thinking too many things and not doing anything.  So I said 'screw it' and built the yard.

I'm now debating on whether its going to be the Kitchener Station or the Streetsville yard .  Kitchener is where I was born and raised, so there's some nostalgia, but Streetsville is close to where I work now and its more a true yard (and its CP).  I might put Kitchener across the table now, so I can have the best of both worlds!

The original plan has met some changes - shocker!  - and due to lack of foresight on my part about cliffs and scenery and other stuff, two tracks were discarded.  No big deal, they were just going to be rip tracks and engine spots.   Oh and the angles on the one side are off, but it still works!





Building the yard
All put together and glued down

So that's the work that's been going on lately.  Still having issues on where to place all the controls for the switches, as the front of this section's table has all the electrical wiring going to it.  Hindsight being 20/20 it was the wrong place to put it all.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment